Adoption Information & Process
TLC K9 Rescue provides tender loving care to all dogs in need even ones that others would turn away. We take pride in getting our dogs to a safe and secure and loving foster home, healthy and ready for their forever loving home. We work tirelessly to rehabilitate them mentally and physically, we put their past behind them to give then a second chance at life.
Our adoption process is as follows:
Complete and fill out an Adoption Questionnaire.
Click to complete an online Adoption Application
If you would like to Foster to Adopt, you must still fill out a Foster Application.
Click to complete an online Foster Application
- We adopt our dogs to loving homes locate in San Diego County, Orange County, and/or Los Angeles County.
- TLC K9 rescue and it's volunteer's may ask for photos/video of your home and backyard to ensure our dogs safety standards are met.
- Schedule a meet and greet between applicant and dog.
- An application MUST be filled out and approved BEFORE scheduling a meet and greet at the dog’s foster home or agreed upon location. This ensures that the dog and potential adopter are a good match for a forever home. We want to make sure our dogs possess the qualities, behavioral traits, and activity level the potential adopter is seeking. If the requested dog does not seem to be a fit we may have other options that would be a better match to schedule a meet and greet.
- If potential adopters have other pets in their home. A second possibly third meet and greet would be scheduled with rescue dog and adopters pet to make sure they are a match for each other.
- This could be scheduled at fosters home, at a neutral area, or potential adopters home depending on circumstances.
- A home check will be scheduled.
- A TLC K9 rescue volunteer (usually foster parent) will then schedule a final home check and approval for safety. There may be recommendations of repairs to ensure the safety of our dogs prior to adoption.
- An adoption contract, ID verification, and adoption fee collection
- Once the adoption is approved and we believe this is the best fit for the rescue dog, we will make the adoption official. You will complete and sign the adoption contract and pay the adoption fee the day you bring home your best friend.
- Denial of adoption application
- TLC K9 rescue screens all applications thoroughly to find the perfect furever home for our dogs. There may be times that an application is denied as it may not be a good fit based on the dogs best interest.
- We take careful consideration to ensure we are placing our dogs in homes to meet their best interest. An email will be received to let you know the application has been denied. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide details beyond that.